Muddy Muddy Show

The group project was a lot of fun and very exciting creative task! Normally, most of my artistic practice is just me. I spend a lot of time behind my computer screen or in the sculpture studio working by my own sad self. It was really eye opening to make art as a group and respond to people creatively. Putting those metal pieces on the wall with Chapin was sort of like a dance -- the two of us were able to work together to make one thing happen. It was also just such a stress reliever! I have gotten way to serious about basically everything in my life recently I think. It's all bills and doctors appointments and credit scores and attempts at "good art" with me these days. It felt SO SO good to rip up paper and draw on walls and act like a seven year old for a few hours. 

Technically, seeing how to set up a scrim in a space like this and project video onto it was very useful. Pairing the work out video with the chanting totally changed the space, and playing ASMR in there was so freaky. I have always wanted to play more with projection in my work, and this definitely gave me some ideas.



In short, I really loved working with everybody on this project. And here is a fun little meme that I think illustrates the vibe of it all:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Convocation Reflection

Non Euclidean

Another Transfiguration