Installation Sensation!

I love looking at Yayoi Kusama's work. She transforms spaces into highly graphic experiences, and I want to try and emulate that with my project. So, I am proposing a piece where I polka dot Warch! I want to make circular pink stickers using the vinyl cutter in the maker space and put them on the floor of the campus center. I also want to make black "squiggle" descales that will overlap the dots and provide visual interest. 

Things that need to happen to make this happen:

  1. Get approval from the building manager of Warch, campus safety, and the provost
    • Perhaps make a test install in Wriston to show that this is safe and will not harm terrazzo floors
  2. Make an SVG template with dots and squiggles
  3. Secure vinyl -- either purchase it myself or see in Angela in the makerspace can use school funds
  4. Find a group of friends to help with the install
  5. Cut out decals
  6. Install, preferably on a weekend in the pm (after 10)
  7. Remove, maybe four or five days later



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Convocation Reflection

Another Transfiguration

Non Euclidean